Friday 3 April 2015

On retreat from blogging

*
As usual at this time of year, I will be taking about a week away from daily blogging.

I apologise to regular readers, because I know from experience that even such a short break in blogging will lose readers, apparently permanently.

I cannot promise to make good use of the time - indeed part of it is actually shaking-up what are rather efficient and habitual ways of using time; just to see what happens - to test the system.

One thing I will try to do doing is read in The Gospels in the mornings (at the time when I would usually be blogging) - since I seem recently to have developed a new (or renewed) sense of The Gospels as the proper focal point of scripture for modern Christians (as modern conservative evangelicals have always known, in practice); especially the indirect and story-like elements rather than the explicit abstract principles.

But part of the point is not to over-plan these things, to be receptive to what is happening and to follow good impulses.

See you again soon - I hope.

*

1 comment:

Joseph P. Meyerson said...

May the Lord bless you and keep you, Prof. Charlton.