Monday 14 October 2013

One Million Dollars! I mean, Page Views

*

As of a few minutes ago, I noticed that the blog has passed a million page views - specifically it had one million, forty-four thousand and eighty-one page views for 2074 posts; which is [frantic punching of calculator buttons...] a mean-average of about 484 views per post.

(But of course the true distribution of page views in heavily positively skewed - a few with thousands of views, and most with less than two hundred - hence non-normally distributed.)

Is this quite good? Or (as I suspect) seriously lame for a blog now running for more than three years at a rate of around two posts a day (including links to my other blogs)?

*

Well, it's good enough for my purpose - which is absolutely not to make any kind of mass media impact and not to fuel any kind of mass movement (either of which would be fatal); but to reach a reasonable number of individuals, with the purpose to help save and preserve their souls in the present epidemic insanity.

*

4 comments:

Titus Didius Tacitus said...

A million page views is good and a tribute to your stubbornness.

Bruce Charlton said...

@TDT - "Stubborn" always makes me think of the Tomboy character George in Enid Blyton's Famous Five books:

*

From Five Go Adventuring Again.

Julian refused to get angry with the stubborn little girl. He laughed at her. 'We're not going to suck up to him,' he said. 'We're just going to be sensible, that's all. You be sensible too, George, old thing.'

But once George had made up her mind about something nothing would alter her.

*

On that basis, I personally am not stubborn - because I have changed my mind many times.

Rich said...

Bruce, I rarely have much to add so, I don't usually comment. However, occasionally I feel it necessary to express my gratitude for your consistent writings. You and your "little" blog are the reason I came back to God and I can't thank you enough for it.

(I am really enjoying your thoughts on Mormonism as well!)


Bruce Charlton said...

@ads - Many thanks - and that information is *extremely* encouraging to hear!